Roads and Maritime Services
New Year's Eve Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The competition (“Competition”) involves entrants applying for up to five (5) free tickets to the 2018 New Year’s Eve fireworks display on the Cahill Expressway, Circular Quay (“Event”). Entrants may nominate to attend the 9pm fireworks display, or the midnight fireworks display.
2. The Competition starts at 9:00am local Sydney time, on 7 October 2018 and closes at 12:00am on 22 October 2018.
3. These Terms and Conditions set out how the Competition will run and how the prize may be used. By entering the Competition entrants are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions and they will form a binding legal contract between each entrant and the Promoter.
4. Entry is open only to persons who are residents of New South Wales at the time of entering.
5. The Promoter is Roads and Maritime Services (ABN 76 236 371 088) of 20-44 Ennis Road, Milsons Point NSW 2061.
6. The winners will be drawn at random from 22 October 2018 by Ticket Solutions Pty Ltd trading as Oztix of Level 1, 78 Annerley Road, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102 on behalf of the Promoter. Winners will be notified by email.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for contacting winners by any other method or for winners not receiving notification for any reason. Entrants are responsible for providing and maintaining correct contact details.
8. The Promoter will not advise entrants of failure to win a prize.
9. To enter, entrants must fully complete all mandatory questions and submit an accurate and valid online entry via rms.nsw.gov.au (“the Competition Website”) before the Competition closes. Mandatory questions are clearly identified. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
10. Entrants will require a valid email address in order to enter the competition. Entrants can enter the competition only once. Multiple entries from the same email address or alternative email addresses by the same person will be deemed to be ineligible entries.
11. Entrants warrant that if any entry includes the personal details (including name, address, email address, or mobile phone number) of any other person, the entrant has obtained all necessary consents from such person. Entrants indemnify the Promoter from all liability arising from a breach of these warranties.
12. Entrants will be placed into separate draws according to their indicated session time.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the identity and eligibility of entrants. Entrants must provide such evidence as the Promoter may require for verification purposes.
14. There will be approximately 3,000 tickets available to be won for the 9pm fireworks session. Eligible entrants will be drawn at random from the pool of entrants for the 9pm fireworks session until there are no tickets left and will be deemed the prize-winners for the 9pm session of the Event. Each winner will receive the number of tickets requested in their entry (up to a maximum number of 5 tickets) to the 9pm session of the Event.
15. There will be approximately 3,000 tickets available to be won for the midnight fireworks session. Eligible entrants will be drawn at random from the pool of entrants for the midnight fireworks session until there are no tickets left and will be deemed the prize-winners for the midnight session of the Event. Each winner will receive the number of tickets requested in their entry (up to a maximum number of 5 tickets) to the midnight session of the Event.
16. The tickets to the Event are in portable digital format (PDF) (E-Ticket) and will be sent to the winner’s email address. Each E-Ticket has its own unique barcode that must be scanned for entry to the Event. The winner must print the tickets and bring the printed copy to the Event. If a duplicate E-ticket arises from having been on forwarded, re-printed or provided unlawfully to another individual, then the first E-ticket presented will be the one accepted for entry to the Event. Any duplicates will not be accepted and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience caused. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical failure that may arise that prevents a ticket from not being scanned.
17. All tickets to the Event are issued subject to the Conditions of Entry which are available on the Competition Website and are subject to change.
18. Access to the Event is strictly limited to valid ticket holders only, and is subject to clauses 16 and 17 above. Ticket holders must present their tickets to staff for scanning on entry to the Event.
19. Every person requires a ticket to enter the event; including children in strollers (each stroller / pram requires one ticket). Babies under 12 months who are carried in a body-worn baby-carrier do not require a ticket.
20. The Promoter will not re-issue lost or stolen tickets to the Event.
21. The prize only includes the number of tickets requested by the prize winner in their entry (up to a maximum number of 5 tickets). Meals, drinks, travel, transfers, incidentals and any extra expenses are the responsibility of each ticket holder. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be available to purchase at the Event.
22. Any change in prize between the publishing date and the date a prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
23. General admission ticket holders must make their own way to the Event. No parking is available. Entry and exit to the Event is from the corner of Conservatorium Road and Macquarie Street. Please join the queue in the grass area on Macquarie Street for entry. There will be no access from Cumberland Street Steps, Macquarie Street Steps, the Royal Botanic Gardens Walkway or the Circular Quay Elevators. Roads and Maritime offers a complimentary shuttle bus for ticket holders with mobility impairment. Use of the shuttle bus is dependent on availability and on a suitable pick-up time and location being agreed within the CBD. Bookings for use of the shuttle can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. Entry to the Event will be from 6.30pm to 8.45pm for the 9pm fireworks display and from 9.45pm to 11.45pm for the midnight fireworks display on Monday 31 December 2018.
25. There will be no pass outs.
26. Ticket holders are subject to security screening, including identity verification, metal detection wand search, and bag search prior to entry into, and inside, the controlled area. The Event area is a designated family area. The Event is strictly NO SMOKING. For safety reasons, NO ALCOHOL, NO GLASS, NO UMBRELLAS, NO KNIVES, NO SELFIE STICKS, NO LIQUIDS or any other potentially dangerous or illegal items will be permitted within the Event area. Ticket holders breaching these conditions will have the items removed and not returned and may be excluded from the Event area.
27. No animals are permitted into the Event area, other than Guide Dogs required by visually impaired individuals.
28. Ticket holders are required to leave the Event area promptly after the conclusion of the fireworks display to allow cleaning to take place.
29. Ticket holders must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and must act responsibly and follow requests made by police, Event organisers, security staff, Event staff and Event volunteers. Ticket holders breaching these requirements or participating in anti-social behaviour may be refused entry or required to leave the Event.
30. The Promoter cannot guarantee the fireworks display will occur. The Promoter will have no liability to ticket holders if the fireworks are cancelled or if access to the Event is not available due to inclement weather, safety or other reasons.
31. The tickets for the Event cannot be exchanged or redeemed with the Promoter. The tickets for the Event cannot be copied, offered for sale or sold. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel tickets and refuse entry to the Event, as well as refuse the prize winner from entering the same competition in future years, where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe any tickets have been copied, offered for sale or sold by a prize winner.
32. The Promoter is not liable for any errors in the details provided by the entrant in the online registration form, or for entries not being received within the required time or for tickets being lost, misdirected or not delivered.
33. The Promoter discloses that the Event area will be crowded and each ticket holder enters the Event at their own risk and to the fullest extent permitted by law releases the Promoter from all liability in respect of all injury and damage and loss that the ticket holder may suffer in connection with the Event.
34. The Promoter may film and/or take photographs of ticket holders at the Event. By entering the Competition, ticket holders agree to the Promoter using their image for the purposes of marketing and promoting the Event and the Competition (including any New Year’s Eve Event Competitions in future years). To assist with future advertising of the Competition, the Competition Website will prompt entrants to advise the Promoter on how they heard about the Event.
35. These terms will be construed according to the laws of New South Wales and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
36. This gratuitous lottery is conducted under section 4G of the Lotteries and Art Unions Act 1901.